- 1832 by the Stone Family and for 20 years it was Parker’s Bakery
- 1861 ‘The Queen’ A beerhouse named in honour of Queen Victoria
- 1878 Miss Amelia Cuddeford’s Boarding School for Young Ladies
- 1890’s Tommy Raddon a tailor turned part of the building into a ‘Temperance Hotel’
- 1924 Tom Raddon split the property and leased part (now Hartley Antiques) to Edward Harrison, another tailor
- 1948 Herbert Rumbold a bicycle dealer purchased the property
- 1969 Jock McVey purchased and turned it into a newsagents but still carried on bicycle repairs
- 1982 Mallows Newsagents part of BPM properties
- 1993 Dillons Newsagents part of T & S Stores PLC
- 1997 Derek & Sally Green turned it to private ownership
Restored many original interior features, including the shop front and the untouched fireplace from the 1890’s; this was found behind the magazine racks, as was the wooden panelling in the reception area.
- 1998 Cedar Antique Centre was opened
- 2007 The centre changed ownership and was renamed Farthingales
- 2011 New ownership & management implementing needed updates to the centre including rebranding to Hartley Antiques
Restored the exterior windows on shop front and signage. Redecoration & renovation programme including new room on third floor. Emphasis on quality items and introducing new dealers appropriate to the centre and its clientele.